Did you also pick up the new Windows 8 Surface tablets? Then you need to check out Vectorform’s latest productivity app, Toolbox. There have already been thousands of downloads. It’s free. And it’s awesome.
“Toolbox helps Windows 8 users take advantage of the fast and fluid new Windows user interface to be productive and accomplish their tasks in as little time as possible.” – John Richards, senior developer of Windows App Marketing for Microsoft Corp.
Toolbox for Windows 8 Features
- Truly responsive interface allowing for up to 6 different productivity tools to be viewed and manipulated at once
- Unique incorporation with Snap View that allows tools to be swapped in/out in quick succession while working alongside another running app
- 9 included Tools with many more on the way
- Customizable Toolsets allow you to save configurations for quick and easy access to your favorite workspaces
- View multiple web pages side by side or view the time in 6 different cities with the ability to load multiple instances of each tool
“As devices have become more powerful and feature-rich they continue to lack an environment that allows for true productivity. Moving in and out of apps to accomplish simple tasks is cumbersome and unintuitive. Toolbox was designed to solve this problem by allowing users to interact and manipulate up to 6 separate tools, or apps, on screen at once. By taking advantage of this under-utilized screen real estate, we have provided unparalleled productivity enhancement to the mobile form factor.” – Kevin Foreman, Director of Product Vision
“Toolbox was designed around Snap View, maximizing the fluidity of Windows 8 devices. We broke the mold right from launch with a really innovative design, particularly with iconography. We feel strongly about pushing the multi-screen boundaries in the framework of Windows 8.” – Elsida Konakciu, Art Director
In coming months Vectorform will continue working with major brands to add Tools to the Toolbox. Interested brands should contact Vectorform directly.
Toolbox is available free in the Windows Store. Additional Tools will soon be available for download from within the app.