A few weeks ago, I received an email that I never thought I’d see as a devout Android developer. After many years of rejection letters and “sold out”, or “busy” messages, I received the email from Google saying I was selected to attend their Google I/O conference!
I was so excited to learn, first hand, about Google, what they were releasing soon, to see what other developers were doing. And, I was excited to talk to others about what I’ve been doing, and show them some of the great apps we’ve made here at Vectorform. Read moreZak Sarakun – May 15, 2015
In this new weekly blog series, we will be highlighting some of the trending design and tech stories that have been creating some buzz throughout our offices here at Vectorform.
Here are some of the articles that had our team talking this week…
- Interested in using a drone for your cinematography but don’t want to worry about flying a quad copter while you’re trying to stick that awesome landing with your skateboard? Check out the Lily Camera. It’s a Quad Copter that follows you via a waterproof bracelet that you wear/use to control what shot angle you want it filming you from. There are multiple shots to chose from; Right/Left Side Shot, Follow/Lead, and Stationary. Just toss it in the air (or directly into the water) and watch as the propellers spin up and the film starts rolling on it’s own. Check out the “Introducing the Lily Camera” video on Youtube!
- Source: “The Lily Camera is the point-and-shoot camera of drones” – Cnet
- On top of Oculus giving us a consumer release window a few weeks ago,(Q1 2016) today Oculus gave us it’s recommended specs for the consumer model. It’s somewhat intense, with recommended graphics being NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290, but that hardware will be more affordable by the time of it’s release. “Ultimately, we believe this will be fundamental to VR’s success, as developers can optimize and tune their game for a known specification, consistently achieving presence and simplifying development.” – Oculus VR
- Source: “Oculus pauses Mac and Linux development, offers PC specs” – Engadget
- Microsoft’s seemingly magical Hyperlapse app was just released (Beta) on the play store. (Join this Google + Community, then download here, the link will appear good once you’ve joined the group.) Hyperlapse uses advanced algorithms to stabilize and produce beautiful short videos that you can quickly share with all of your friends.
- Source: “Microsoft Hyperlapse Smooths Out Android Phone Shaky Cams” – Wired
- Ten predictions on what tech design will be like in the future, from how it’s going to expand to the point where any typical maker will be armed with basic fluency of design, to the idea that we will see much greater diversity in designers throughout the tech community. Things will begin to stabilize as time goes by, “we’re still operating a little like the Wild West — fast, loose, and with a lot of young guns. Best practices in our field are cutting edge rather than wrought through decades of experience. ” – Julie Zhuo
- Source: “The Future of Design in Technology” – Medium
Techweek Detroit was back for it’s second year in a row, bringing together innovators, entrepreneurs and the greater tech community to talk about the future of technology and the impact in Metro Detroit. This week long event, throughout downtown Detroit, included the conference, expo, Launch competition, Wearables Fashion Show and more. Read moreLindsay Lamb – April 6, 2011
Administrator – February 11, 2011
“I heard a crack.” We had a few reasons to get excited watching Alex Albrecht, Dan Trachtenberg and Jeff Cannata from The Totally Rad Show unboxing our Surface and playing with our apps. We’ve unboxed so many Surface units we could do it our sleep—that’s right, the power button is on the bottom—but this is a new favorite.
Team Vectorform travels the world, and we love our mobile phones, so we were thrilled to parter with travel giant Kayak on a Windows Phone 7 experience. Get the application free on Marketplace, or watch the video below.Lindsay Lamb – February 8, 2011
The Qatar Motor Show was the place for leading auto makers to see and be seen last week, and Vectorform Germany’s Alissia Iljaitsch and Job Plas were onsite helping Volkswagen debuted our latest collaboration—an iPad application full of specifications and media for vehicle product specialists, and slick functionality. The content-managed iPad app was a hit with the visitors on the booth, who could access the extensive glossary and request digital brochures via email. A full content management system for VW admins and a clever spin on iPad’s natural user interface made the Volkswagen Motor Show App a hit, and our team loved being part of the VW entourage, which was rounded out with a luxury SUV with gold finishing (the Touareg Gold Edition), and Dakar 2011 winners Nasser Al-Attiyah and Timo Gottschalk.
Check back for the full case study, or contact us here firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out another highlight of the show below.
Bringing unique multiplayer action to the iPad, Galactic Alliance is a tower defense game that relies on cooperation to reach the next level. Each player can place, upgrade, and sell their towers. Use radios to jam signals and slow the enemy down, or save up for rocket bases and laser arrays to deal the most damage. Compete for the most cash by strategic tower placement, but remember, without teamwork, you’ll never succeed against the alien incursion!
Coming to an App Store near you!Lindsay Lamb – February 23, 2010
The spectacular finding of the well-preserved Stone Age graves of Eulau, near Naumburg is the topic of the Terra X documentation, “Tatort Eulau”.
Three women, two men and eight children were buried 4,500 years ago, affectionately positioned in a tender embrace. In 2008 for the first time internationally, we have proof of the early existence of a nuclear family that can be studied with DNA analysis. A sensation!
But what really happened? Why did these people die at the same time? Did they become victims of a violent crime? Who were they and why did this tragedy occur? Under the direction of BKA-Profiler and with help from the most modern analysis methods, archeologists and anthropologists determined this case noteworthy. What seems to be turning into a criminal case from the Stone Age is becoming a key to an epoch of human history where many mysteries are unsolved. This could help shed light onto human life and social behavior of this region of Germany at that time.
WrapItApp is a simple to use, yet intuitive application, teaching you how to gift wrap any sized box, tie a 1 loop bow and 3 loop bow. You have the option of selecting a box from a list of the most common sizes, or using your iPhone or iPod Touch device to obtain custom box measurements. If you have the perfect gift in the not-so-perfect box, WrapItApp makes measuring custom box sizes easy! Simply measure a box using your iPhone or iPod Touch device, nothing additional is required. Once a box has been selected or measured, WrapItApp estimates how much ribbon and wrapping material will be needed and shows step-by-step instructions that will get you wrapping like a pro!
Vectorform called upon its years of experience in UI design and development to create an exciting, intense, yet intuitive Silverlight experience for Tata Motors. This experience had to allow users to learn anything and everything about the new Tata Nano. Because the car could not physically be in the dealerships, the application had to give an extremely accurate and detailed depiction of the car.
To accomplish this, Vectorform developed an external 360 view of the car, highlighting key features and unique selling points. Also included in the application was a comprehensive photo and video Media Gallery, a Deep Zoom experience to view the Brochure, and an Application Form and Application Process. In addition, the application came equipped with an Auto Play mode, where the application would automatically showcase various photos and videos without the requirement of human intervention.
This experience was delivered to run In-Store at all dealer outlets and also on their website. You can visit http://experience.tatanano.comkeep looking »